Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Same Day Sump provides the necessary materials and services required to fix your concrete or stone foundation that has developed cracks due to age or prolonged exposures to high water pressure. To keep your home structurally sound and to keep your basements dry, you are going to want a foundation free of cracks.
Basements may serve one of three important services to your home:
No matter what basements are used for, it is important to keep them dry, because 1 or 2 inches of water along the floor, even for a short period of time, can damage a lot more than just the carpeting and wood flooring it touches. Water or even high humidity in the basement may provide for a more hospitable breeding ground for insects, mold, and other biohazards (such as mildew). If you have a partially or fully finished basement, you have still more to lose.
- The walls and poles in your basement make up the foundation that your home rests upon.
- The may serve utility functions, containing your homes HVAC system, power stitches, storage, washer and dryer, etc.
- Rooms in the interior of the basement may make up part of the living area of the home. Part or all of the basement may contain finished rooms, with furniture, walls and carpeting.
Regardless of what purposes your basement serves, you have much to lose from a water problem down there. You will want to keep the furniture, flooring, utilities, and walls down there dry. It is never too early or late to begin basement waterproofing, and you should consider waterproofing before making any other investments down there, unless you are sure that the water table will remain below the level of the foundation even in the event of heavy rains. If you live near a river, ocean, or place county where flooding has been a problem in the past, you should further consider basement waterproofing solutions. These are the following systems and projects that are available to either fix problems caused by high hydrostatic pressures (high water pressure) around your basement walls, and ways to eliminate these problems in the future.
Water protection services and installations:
- Sump pump delivery and installation. There are a number of different sump pump systems available from manufacturers such as Simer www.simerpump.com, Stormpro, and SumpPro, and Superior Pump www.superiorpumpco.com. If there is a lot of water around the perimeter of your home, it will collect around and under your foundation. By excavating a sump pit through and under the basement floor, you can create a pit for water to collect into and be redirected away from the basement , lowering the water table. The water from this sump pit, is forced up through piping and away from your home using a sump pump. The type of system you may use may be more or less sophisticated, depending on your budget and what level of risk (of future basement flooding) you fee comfortable living with.
- Battery Backup Sump Pump Systems. This is a second sump pump with a separate supply line of piping that directs into a plumbing line that leads water away from the foundation of the house.
- Interior basement drainage system. Sometimes the water that pools and is carried away from the home is not sufficient alone at lowering the water table to a safe/dry basement levels. An interior perimeter drainage system creates a type of gutter system around the entire basement to channel water into the sump pump.